Monday, January 30, 2012

Treadmill Desk - Day 19 - 233lbs

A quick word about chafe.  If you're walking on your treadmill and feel a little chafe, stop right then.  Change your clothes, sit down, stand the rest of the day or quit for the day all together.  Do not keep walking and think "Oh, it's not so bad."

I had a nice long walk last Tuesday with some building chafe.  I didn't follow the advice above, and ended up waddling around the rest of the evening.  I was fine the next day, but it sucked that night.

I walked a little on Thursday, and almost not at all on Friday.  I just stood at my desk the whole day.  I'm not sure if it was the fear of chafe, the hard swim workout Thursday morning (doesn't explain Friday anyway), or the fact that my son has not been sleeping well the past week.  Whatever it was, I didn't feel like walking.

Today I walked for 3 hours to kick off the day.  Now I'm off to my son's 1st annual checkup, then I'm going to sit in the office the rest of the day.  So, the walking isn't over, I just had a few stationary days, which I'm fine with.  It's not the individual days that matter, it's going to be the accumulation of years of days that makes the difference in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment